With more than 14 million internal combustion engines produced every year, Honda is one of the biggest names in the car market. So the question arises, are Hondas reliable?
Do they really deliver the performance they promise?
Honda cars are common to see because they’re affordable to buy and maintain. However, if you’re in the market for a new or used car, the price won’t be the only factor to consider.
The reliability of the vehicle and its performance on the road mean that you can guarantee the safety of everyone on board.
Keep on reading to learn about this Japanese car manufacturer…
The Analysis of Famous Honda Models
Honda cars introduce owners to innovative high-quality models that won’t disappoint them. To rate their reliability, several parameters have been set to help potential customers find the right vehicle for them.
- J.D. Power Ratings allow you to find more about the best products and services that ranked highest in all J.D. Power Consumer Studies. The opinions of customers who have used these products are collected and assessed, so potential customers can find the right product for them. In the automotive industry, J.D. Power Ratings analyze the reliability and performance of new and used cars so you can only buy a trustworthy one.
- Edmunds evaluates 200 cars each year by going on a driving test on a standardized road and seeing how the vehicle will perform. Although testing is done in controlled conditions, the rating is a good and relevant indicator that would help you find the right car for you.
- Cars.com is the top 6th rating among car-buying sites, so it’s a good choice if you’re not that confident about the new car you want to buy.
- Car and Driver helps you identify the safest and most reliable car to drive. You can just check out the car you’re interested in to decide whether it’s the right choice or not.
Here are some of the top models and how they’re rated.
With high mark ratings like this, it’s no doubt that Honda vehicles are reliable cars and loved by their owners.
Why are Honda Vehicles So Reliable?
There’s no doubt that Honda owners trust their vehicle to not break down. But there’s a few reasons why the brand is one of the most popular ones in the market:
- Honda cars are quite affordable. The company keeps on introducing new models that still cater to the needs of buyers who appreciate comfort while enjoying a car that provides good value for money.
- Honda engines offer great fuel economy. This is a big plus because you can plan your spending and control the car expenses.
- Reliability, quality, and comfort comes standard, whether it be the Honda Civic, Accord, Fit, or CR-V
- Comfortable ride. You and your family will feel safe and comfortable as you hit the road in a high-quality car that comes with reliable after-sale service.
- When something goes wrong, your Honda won’t cost much to repair, or at least not as much as other brands of the same category (like the Acura). The maintenance and repair cost is reasonable.
- High Resale Value. After you’ve used your car for quite some time, you won’t struggle to sell it. There’s a big market for used Honda cars, and the car resale values remain high. They make good ‘beater cars‘ as they age because they may not be pretty, but they still run!
Which Honda is My Favorite?
It depends as all Honda models are exceptional compared to other vehicles offered by similar affordable brands. If you’re looking for a reliable compact car, nothing beats the Honda Civic because it’s fuel-efficient and easy to maneuver. The Civic is an excellent choice for tight parking spots and long drives because it won’t disappoint you on the road.
For an even smaller ride, check out the Honda Fit. This sub-compact model pushes the limits on fuel economy and tiny size. It’s not our favorite model and doesn’t score as high in consumer reviews. We’d suggest the Civic over the Fit. But hey, if you test drive it, and love it, we won’t stop you 🙂
If you want to size up, consider the Accord, which is one of the best midsize sedans offered at this incredible price. It offers a comfortable ride with a roomy interior and added features that make it more popular among potential buyers. Accord offers the extra room that you need if you have a big family.
For a compact SUV, the CR-V is an excellent choice. The stylish exterior tells a lot about the comfortable interior and the reliable performance of this car. For those who like to enjoy a superior ride, nothing beats the CRV.
JD Power and Consumer Reports both rate this van favorably in the 80+ range. So if you have a large family and need a van with Honda reliability, this is the vehicle for you.
In short, there’s no model that excels because all Honda models are reliable and dependable. You should think about your needs from the vehicle and choose an appropriate one because your Honda won’t disappoint you.
Honda makes some of the most reliable cars on the market. We love the newer Honda models and believe they’re comparable even to Toyota vehicles.
Whatever your needs are, you’ll definitely find a Honda model that works for you. Visit a dealership today and take one out for a test drive to figure out which one you enjoy most.
Read more about why you should buy a Honda if you’re still not convinced