Matt here with ScannerAnswers with a Nitro OBD2 review. There’s been a lot of buzz around this chip because it claims to improve engine horsepower and increase fuel mileage by “automatically adjusting ECU settings.” I was skeptical of this tool, and we still aren’t convinced that it’s a great solution. We tested it on a 2005 Tundra and saw about a 1.5 mpg gain after running a full tank. The power seemed unaffected. We have talked with other friends who’ve used it and they also have mixed reports. Some people claim they feel a power increase AND mileage gain, others say the tool did nothing.
A Look at the Nitro OBD2 Performance Chip Tuning Box
Skip to the good stuff:
- 1 A Look at the Nitro OBD2 Performance Chip Tuning Box
- 2 What is the Nitro OBD2 chip?
- 3 Nitro OBDII Performance Tuning Box: Comprehensive Summary
Key Features: Simple tool that plugs into your 1996 (and above) vehicle to help boost fuel economy and mileage - Very affordable chip - Added around 1.5mpg on our v8 Tundra
Bottom line: If you’re trying to get that last bit of mileage out of your commuter car, give this chip a try. But don’t expect magical results.
What is the Nitro OBD2 chip?
Constructed with a bold yellow colored exterior housing with crisp white accents, the Nitro OBD2 Performance Chip Tuning Box is a powerhouse device that functions to increase the performance and reliability of vehicle engines.
Perfect for the budget-conscious buyer, this highly affordable vehicle diagnostic product yields immensely valuable information about impaired car systems while also effortlessly boosting performance levels.
Made to fit all cars made after 1996, the Nitro OBD2 is easy to install and simply plugs into the OBD2 connector found on all vehicles.
Using the Nitro OBD2 OBDII Performance Chip Tuning Box is relatively simple to use and merely requires plugging the device into the OBD2 connector found under the dash of all vehicles made after 1996. Turning and holding the ignition for 30 seconds and subsequently turning the engine on will commence the operation of the OBD2 diagnostic device at which point you can begin your vehicle scan.
The Nitro OBD2 OBDII Performance Chip Tuning Box will then yield a multitude of results in regards to your cars maintenance, issues, and performance problems. With this critically important information, car owners can easily and effectively self-diagnosed and pinpoint issues in an affordable manner without having to consult a costly mechanic or expensive shop and ultimately make well-informed decisions about the performance and reliability of their vehicles.
Product Summary and Details:
|Item Pricing||<click for price>|
|Item Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Package Dimensions||7.3 x 4.5 x 1 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Identification Number||p-309|
|Product Weight||0.113 kg|
Nitro OBDII Performance Tuning Box: Comprehensive Summary
The Nitro OBD Performance Chip Tuning Box is a highly affordable option for vehicle owners looking for a device that encompasses performance, affordability, and endurance. Capable to use on turbo petrol as well as diesel cars, the Nitro OBD2 works based on the remapping of the vehicle’s computer ECU through highly specialized OBD2 protocols.
Upon driving 124 miles, the OBD2 from Nitro takes into account individualized driving style and self-adjusts itself to the car and proceeds to newly remap the ECU to heighten the performance capabilities of the vehicles’ engine.
The OBD’s ability to recognize individualized driving style not only enables it to increase performance, but also enables it to continuously remap and self-adjust to increase a vehicle’s torque, power, and prowess.
How does it work?
The OBD2 from Nitro features a simple operation and needs only to be plugged into the OBD2 connector of your vehicle to immediately yield diagnostic fault and error codes in addition to heightening your car’s performance.
Upon being plugged into the OBDII connector, the Nitro receives important information from your vehicle’s ECU system. This information informs the Nitro OBD2’s to self-adjust injection timing, pressure, and fuel amounts to dramatically increase the car’s performance in myriad ways.
Get the best price on the Nitro OBDII chip from Amazon here
Nitro OBD2’s Performance Chip Tuning Box Features
- Up to 35% more power
- Up to 25% more torque
- Effortlessly easy to use
- Operates from changing ECU signals to improve the entirety of the injection map
- CE / FCC / RoHS certificates
- Highly affordable, budget-conscious performance chip
- Easily removable
- Safe and affordable method of tuning
- Self-adjusting mechanism that takes individualized driving style into account
- Features optimal settings ideal for your vehicle with no need to make additional adjustments
- Recognizes individualized driving style after 124 miles of driving and self-adjusts to heighten performance
- Returns to factory settings after unplugging
- Equipped with comprehensive protective engine functions that are guaranteed safe for your vehicle.
- Produced with SMD technology
How to install the Nitro Performance Chip
- Plug the Nitro OBD2 into the OBD2 connector of your car found under the dash
- Turn the ignition on and hold for 30 seconds without actually starting the vehicle
- Press the reset button for approximately 5 seconds
- Release the button and wait for approximately 30 to 60 seconds while Nitro OBD2 communicated and established connection with the ECU
- Proceed to turn the engine on
- Follow the instruction manual’s code reading procedures
- When prompted, input the vehicle’s VIN, vehicle make and model, and the type of engine
- Start the scan to receive diagnostic trouble codes.
- Erase codes as needed
- If further information is needed about individual fault and error codes, double check the instruction manual or CD-ROM that came with the OBD2 scanner, or perform a cursory internet search
- Utilize your newly discovered diagnostic information to make the appropriate modifications, repairs, and purchases to improve and repair your vehicle
Nitro OBD2 Performance Chip Tuning Box: Additional Information
|ISO9141-2(5 baud init,10.4Kbaud)|
|ISO14230-4 KWP(5 baud init,10.4 Kbaud)|
|ISO14230-4 KWP(fast init,10.4 Kbaud)|
|ISO15765-4 CAN(11bit ID,500 Kbaud)|
|ISO15765-4 CAN(29bit ID,500 Kbaud)|
|ISO15765-4 CAN(11bit ID,250 Kbaud)|
|ISO15765-4 CAN(29bit ID,250 Kbaud)|
|SAE J1939 CAN(29bit ID,250*Kbaud)|
|USER1 CAN(11*bit ID,125*Kbaud)|
|USER2 CAN(11*bit ID,50*kbaud)|
Nitro OBD2’s Performance Chip Tuning Box: Notes and Miscellaneous Information
- Car must be turned on while connecting, in order to facilitate a successful connection
- Diversity and contrast in lighting may cause display color to change and will require a more careful look at the onscreen codes shown
- Nitro OBD2’s Performance Chip Tuning Boxes’ margin of error is plus or minus 1-3 cm.Nitro Chip is incompatible with the following vehicles:
- 1995 Ford Ranger
- 2000 Sarum
- 2000 Honda Civic
- 2001 Altima
- 2002 Dodge Neon
- 2002 Acura
- 2003 GMC
- 2003 Ford
- 2005 Toyota Vitz
- 2005 Renault Clio
We think that Nitro makes a lot of outlandish claims of this tool. Boosting horsepower by 30% is usually only seen by adding a supercharger or turbo. If you have 10 bucks laying around and want to give it a try, you could see some decent improvements in fuel economy. Otherwise, you’d probably be better saving your cash and investing in some octane boost, or high performance spark plugs and wires.
Hope this Nitro performance chip review has helped you make an informed decision. If you’ve got any questions, please leave a comment 🙂