Our Guide to Getting the Best Fuel Injector Cleaner & Fuel Additives (2017 update)
Skip to the good stuff:
- 1 Our Guide to Getting the Best Fuel Injector Cleaner & Fuel Additives (2017 update)
- 2 A Brief History
- 3 Why should I use a Fuel System Cleaner or Fuel Additive?
- 4 What is the Best Fuel Injector Cleaner?
- 5 Our Best Fuel Injector Cleaning Choice: Lucas
- 6 Our second favorite best fuel additive: BG 44k
- 7 Complete Fuel System Cleaner: Chevron Techron
- 8 Top Injector Cleaner for the Price: Liqui Moly
- 9 Top Efficient Fuel Cleaner: Red Line
Matt here with ScannerAnswers.com to talk about one of the most important ways to keep your car on the road. That’s right, it’s an easily solved problem that is often overlooked, and can cause massive car problems like engine detonation. If you haven’t figured it out yet, we’re discussing your Fuel Injectors. Yup, these little guys are the workhorse of your car or pickup and often get neglected by running cheap fuel with ethanol (E85 is bad) or low quality gasoline (petrol for our UK readers). Luckily, with a little preventative maintenance some Fuel Injector Cleaner, your Injectors will keep firing for many years. Read on to find the best fuel injector cleaner for your vehicle!
A Brief History
Fuel injection was among the most important automotive advancements of the twentieth century. Fuel injection is aptly called since it is a way of bringing in fuel in an internal combustion engine thru an injector. Till the 1980’s, the majority of cars used carburetors. But, from the 1980’s, nearly all of the cars have transferred to fuel injection system because of the numerous benefits fuel injection offers versus carburetors. More fuel injection history here
Fuel injection has numerous advantages. Not just that fuel injected engines come with smoother and more reliable throttle response, but in addition, they offer easier cold starting, more steady idling, improved fuel efficiency, and reduced maintenance demands. If you’ve ever had a four-barrel carb, you know that your machine just didn’t enjoy the cold or high altitudes.
Why should I use a Fuel System Cleaner or Fuel Additive?
Given that the fuel injectors are an important aspect of a car’s engine, it’s essential to clean them frequently and make sure they are running perfectly. In case you don’t clean the fuel injector you are expected to experience a number of problems including:
- Fuel injector can become clogged or dirty thanks to gum, carbon or varnish deposits
- The fuel injector nozzle can form leaks
- Fuel injectors will not open or close effectively
If you wish to prevent these problems, it is essential to clean your fuel injection components frequently. Once you clean your fuel injectors effectively, your vehicle will provide you with good mileage and your fuel consumption will likely be optimal.
Scotty does a great job of explaining more on the importance of fuel cleaners. Here’s the video
What is the Best Fuel Injector Cleaner?
This is a tough question to answer but we’re here to provide you some guidance.
First, you need to take into account the price per measurement (gallon, quart, ML, etc). A company might develop a product that makes unicorns and brings extinct animals back, but if you cannot afford it, then it’s useless for you. As we emphasized earlier, you must stay consistent with cleaning your injectors.
Second, you want something that actually works. This goes without saying, but there are cleaners out there that are trash (cough STP cough) and waste of money. We want something that keeps your engine running for hundreds of thousands of miles
Third, you have to realize that even with the best fuel system cleaner it cannot make up for a lifetime of abuse. Most fuel cleaners are good for preventative maintenance. So if you’re trying to resurrect that 1993 Mustang GT that an 18-year-old kid has been doing burnouts with, you will need more than some liquid spray or additive!
Like this article? Check out: https://scanneranswers.com/best-radar-detector-for-the-money/
Enough! Let’s get to the list of our favorite fuel cleaners along with a short review of each cleaner.
Our Best Fuel Injector Cleaning Choice: Lucas
Key Features: Complete fuel system treatment - Safely burns and remove harmful emissions
My favorite aspects
- Greatly improves the mileage capacity of the vehicle
- Overall cleansing and lubrication for the entire fuel system
- All issues involving low sulphur fuel are perfectly neutralized
- Regulate effects of toxic emissions and entirely wipes off the damaging effects of methanol
Our second favorite best fuel additive: BG 44k
Key Features: Can be purchased in bulk for saving $$$ - Cleans the entire fuel system - Works on cars, trucks, boats, everything!
This is certainly one of the best fuel system cleaners on the market nowadays. This particular manufacturer has been in existence for 4 decades now and is unsurprisingly that is among the most reliable go-to brands. Particularly developed for gas engines, this cleaning product is recognized for its effective action cleaning work on fuel injectors, combustion chamber valves and so on. It gives you quick cure for the problems associated with rust or remains based in the injectors. Because all unwanted foreign objects blocking up the injectors are instantly eliminated, BG 44K guarantees that your fuel injectors will return to working shape almost instantly.
My favorite aspects
- Extremely affordable (buy in bulk and save big)
- Resolves different kinds of engine problems, including power loss, residue collection, stumbling etc. and all are corrected at a fast pace.
- Can be used on all kinds of vehicles on a consistent basis to keep fuel injectors in greatest performing condition
- One cleaning package can handle around 20 gallons of fuel and improves the mileage of your automobile strongly.
Complete Fuel System Cleaner: Chevron Techron
Key Features: Use it for everything that takes gasoline - Cars, trunks, boats, RVs, motorocycles - Improves fuel and power efficiency!
My favorite aspects
- It is among the most reliable products used by automakers nowadays since it is a high-quality fuel system cleaning solution which includes a great PEA (polyether amines) technologies.
- Appropriate for a wide range of autos, fuels and fuel additives
- Can easily restore your auto’s fuel system to an original functionality very quickly
- Very reasonably priced product
Top Injector Cleaner for the Price: Liqui Moly
Key Features: Very Affordable - Increased fuel mileage on our 1997 Chevy 1500 - safe for Cat converters and turbos
It also eliminates starting issues, in that way, providing a good throttle response, easy idling, and non-lean surging. In general, this best rated fuel additive accurate injector dosing and fuel atomization, enabling your vehicle engine to achieve its optimal performance.
Although it’s been intended for gas engines, Jectron can be utilized for a preventive measure and remedy for catalytic converters or turbochargers.
In addition to eliminating contamination and deposits, this fuel additive can also prevent the remains from reforming, thus reducing irregular engine running problems. It can take care for practically all the main elements of the injection system, so it protects all the important components from corrosion.
The Liqui Moly Jectron cleaner really helps in optimizing the engine’s performance and it is regarded the most effective fuel injector cleaner & ideal fuel additive.
My favorite aspects
- It helps in improving throttle response and compression
- It is a very affordable product
- Contributes in low pollution by guaranteeing total combustion of fuel
- Increases vehicles miles per gallon
Top Efficient Fuel Cleaner: Red Line
Key Features: Only 1 treatment is needed - Can be used regularly without damaging your vehicle -
This fuel injection cleaner cleans with almost 100 % efficiency in just one treatment and it also minimizes the necessity for octane by up to two points. It includes synthetic upper lubricator which is safe for constant use. After buying the vehicle owner need to use a one bottle per tank for most beneficial treatment of unattended vehicles.
Grab some Red Line right here at Amazon
The product performs perfectly with all surface vehicles, utility vehicles, plus street motorcycles, street cruiser motorcycles, off-road motorcycles, snowmobiles, street touring motorcycles to provide efficient engine function. This product is also concentrated with detergent based additives which clean the fuel injectors, valves, carburetors, and the combustion chamber from carbon debris using its concentrated blend of substance.
My favorite aspects
- Very good value for money
- Suitable for autos which have been stored for some time because the powerful, concentrated detergent performs perfectly on many auto parts; it is strongly suggested to make use of one bottle fully for these vehicles
- Appropriate for the majority of the vehicles
I hope this article has helped you find what is the best fuel injection cleaner for your car. If you have any questions please comment below. Also, be sure to check out our ultimate buying guide to the best OBDII scanner