INNOVA 3040C Review
The Innova 3040c OBD2 Scan Tool contains expert level features, at a DIY mechanic’s price. As a scanner with a sticker price of under $100, it clearly pays off. If you don’t want to fuss with Bluetooth and Wireless connectivity that most OBD2 scanners now-days use, then the classic corded approach is very handy. The ability to read ABS and SRS codes and view live data is a big plus. There are a few complaints that we have with this scanner, but they are minor. Innova’s 1 year warranty is an awesome feature, because if this scanner doesn’t do everything you want/expect it to, just send it back for a full refund.
Hands-on Review of the INNOVA 3040C
When writing the INNOVA 3040C Review, I was excited because Innova has been an industry leader in OBD2 scanners. With features like, Live Data, ABS codes, Battery Tests, this little tool has a ton of premium features found in more expensive diagnostic tools.
The Innova 3040c is an adaptable, OBD2 scanner for the DIY client, covering most viewpoints that you’ll ever require without the need of a Bluetooth-competent gadget associated with it. Innova 3040c Scan Tool is one of the new Innova’s items actuated in the market of car diagnosis. Innova, as one the top brands in Car Scanner industry, is known for its precise and solid items. With 15 years of work experience, exceedingly talented Innova specialists, based at their central command in California, secure the most astounding Innovation in their items.
The Innova 3040c is an essential Scan Tool intended for both Do-It-Yourself car proprietors and expert mechanics, searching for speedy initial information for the treatment of the car. It fuses numerous expert components, addressing the necessities of gifted mechanics. Likewise it is straightforward and simple to use for the individuals who are new in car diagnosis but need to take the matters into their own hands and save cash.
- Read and Erase "Check Engine" light warnings on any foreign or domestic 1996 and newer car, light truck, SUV, and even Hybrids
- Patented all-in-one screen displays 25 vital pieces of information
- View Live Data in real time for more accurate troubleshooting and diagnosis
3040c DESCRIPTION –
The Innova 3040c Diagnostic Scan Tool / Code Reader with Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles is a fundamental Scan Tool that can scan and is compatible with every automobile from 1996 such as cars, minivans and light trucks. The Innova 3040c scanner is so light, that it easily fits in the palm of your hand. The build quality is exceptionally great, and you can tell just by holding it that you are holding a quality bit of gear.
WHY PURCHASE AN INNOVA 3040c SCAN TOOL?
- Essential information to the status of your car
- View live data and pinpoint the exact problem
- Gives you web availability to do an expert examination.
- Low cost saves you money
KEY FEATURES –
- Works with any car, light truck, minivan, SUV or cross breed made after 1996
- Easily plugs into the OBD2 port in your car… usually found under the driver-side dash
- Protected, 2.8 inches screen which shows essential vehicle code data. Quickly find what’s causing your Check Engine Light
- Read and Erase CHECK ENGINE light codes by just a click of the button (cautioning: it will return unless the root issue is resolved).
- Battery / Alternator test – investigates no-start car issues.
- Analyze and delete ABS (non-freezing stopping device) codes on most prevalent, more up to date model vehicles such as Honda, Ford and Toyota.
- Record, diagram and play back live information on the screen.
- One year warranty
- Red Yellow Green LEDs shows the emission screen status. Instantly find out if you can pass an emissions test
- 9-catch design with HOT KEYS – give simple access to critical data
- Free programming and firmware updates
- Access to Repair Solutions – the most far reaching, confirmed fix data accessible
- Support accessible 7 days/week (6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Pacific Time) in two languages, from Innova’s California-based group of Car motive Service Excellence (ASE) – ensured experts.
- Innova 3040c New Diagnostic Scan Tool / Code Reader costs at around $90.00.
- Pouch for storage and carrying
- Good with a wide range of OBD 2 consistent vehicles, including CAN Protocols.
- Quickly diagnose the reason for a check-engine light
- View Freeze Frame Data, I/M status and live information of the vehicle.
- Onscreen DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) definition. No need to manually look them up now!
- It is a great deal if you are searching for scanner under $100.
- The “Repair Solutions” is setup on a per-vehicle basis. Meaning that you have to pay around $ for 1 vehicle. If you have multiple vehicles, this gets expensive
- If you want to access reports from your saved vehicle data, you must register an account on the Innova website. For some reason, Innova does not allow you to access them without using their website as a medium
- ABS does not work with every vehicle. We found that it doesn’t work with a 2002 Saturn, 2016 Ford, or Kia Soul
Just like anything in life the Innova has some minor faults. The OBD link is short… this sucker is around 12 inches long… So don’t plan on slouching in the back seat and diagnosing your car faults 🙂
You might need to purchase a 5 foot expansion link with the goal that you can move around while you are taking a gander at the live information stream.
Another nitpick point is the shade of the illuminated LCD screen. The screen shading is a light dark rather than the somewhat blue hued that is shown. Just be aware that the screen might be a little difficult for some to read… It’s kind of like one of those old calculators you had to use back in math class.
The Innova 3040c OBD2 Scan Tool contains expert level features, at a DIY mechanic’s price. As a scanner with a sticker price of under $100, it clearly pays off. If you don’t want to fuss with Bluetooth and Wireless connectivity that most OBD2 scanners now-days use, then the classic corded approach is very handy. The ability to read ABS codes and view live data is a big plus. There are a few complaints that we have with this scanner, but they are minor. Innova’s 1 year warranty is an awesome feature, because if this scanner doesn’t do everything you want/expect it to, just send it back for a full refund.
If you decide this is the scanner for you, you can pick it up here from Amazon. You’ll have great buyer protection, fast shipping, and the lowest prices online
I hope this INNOVA 3040C Review helped you find the best OBD2 scanner. If not, drop a comment below, or continue reading some of our other OBD2 scanner reviews.