BAFX Products 34t5 OBD2 Scanner
I was impressed by the BAFX products 34t5. If you have a check engine light on and want to make sure it’s nothing major, then this OBD2 scanner is a lifesaver. It’s easy enough for the average joe to use, but also gives enough information for ASE mechanics. Being able to read codes, clear errors, and get diagnostics for your car will pay for the scanner over and over.
BAFX Products 34t5 Review
Skip to the good stuff:
I’m not exaggerating, I must get an email at least once a week saying, “yo Mike, what Android OBD2 adapter should I get for my ride?” And most of the time, those people get directed to this scanner, or the FOSEAL adapter. After running this site for almost two years, I’m confident in saying that the BAFX is one of the best Android OBD2 adapters a person can buy!
With over 6,000 five-star reviews on Amazon.com, the BAFX 34t5 OBD2 tool might just be one of the most popular OBD2 scanners on the market today! I’m here at ScannerAnswers to show you the BAFX Products 34t5 Review and tell you how this might be the best OBD2 scanner for you!
For a simple to use scan tool which works with Android devices through Bluetooth, the Bafx products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII is an awesome solution. The device is compact and attaches straight into your car’s OBDII data port which is usually placed at the driver’s side of your dash. This means it pairs perfectly with your Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone, tablet, or even with your Windows computer and operates via an app – for example, Torque – to show all the information that BAFX 34T5 can access.
The BAFX Products 34T5 can perform reading and clearing error codes which can illuminate the check motor light, complete a pre-test for your emissions system, therefore, you understand if your car can pass the smog test. Save time an money by passing the emissions test the FIRST time. Also, the device is able to read real-time sensor data, and even can report your 1/8 to 1-mile drag times instantly on your gadget… Not that you need to know your 1/4 mile time, right? 🙂
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH iOS DEVICES - (iPhones, iPads etc); OUR BLUETOOTH OBD2 scanner IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID OR WINDOWS DEVICES; For iOS devices, see our WiFi OBD Reader
- READ & RESET - Our OBD2 diagnostic scanner tool will work on all cars purchased in the USA model year 1996 or newer; Unlike other OBD2 scanners, ours works on ALL OBD2 protocols including J1850 and...
- REAL TIME - Monitor the diagnostic sensors in your vehicle in real time for things like O2 data, fuel pressure, EVAP system & more; Car reporting an EVAP code? Check your O2 readings to see which...
Use it for years
The BAFX 34T5 connects to 1996 and almost all newer OBDII vehicles and can be linked through Bluetooth to your Android smartphone, notepad or even computer system to get and send automobile information. Pretty much all vehicles bought in America after 1996 need to be OBD2 compliant and the OBDII reader will continue to work with all of them.
The BAFX product device can last longer, supply you with a steadier link, provide a much better data transfer rate and also work smoother on all vehicles compared to the majority of its competitors. When utilized in combination with an Android mobile phone or Home windows based applications this OBDII scanner, will effectively restart the specific check-out engine light, will recover problems codes, plus can read many statistics which would be unavailable from ordinary scan devices!
With this device, you’ll be able to monitor things like O2 feeler readings, Throttle, EOT, Boost, Velocity Fuel Trim, Acceleration, plus a lot more. Pick up this scanner from Amazon.
My favorite features of the Bafx products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII scan tool
This OBD2 scanner has all the features you could want, but here’s a couple of my favorite:
- Read and clear trouble codes
- Perform O2 sensor readings, integrated open type (EOT) codes, Throttle, Revs, Boost as well as Speed Fuel Trim readings.
- Switch off the engine and check the engine light which functions aren’t available in many conventional scan tools sold in the market today. Quite impressive functionality for this small-sized device.
- Compatibility with many OBDII compliant vehicles. We haven’t found any vehicles that this scanner does not work on.
Other Product Features:
- The device is suitable to read diagnostic problems codes (or DTCs), simultaneously generic or manufacturer-specific, plus can present their meanings.
- Connects to your android smartphone and can be used with the free (or paid) app, Torque. Get Torque because you don’t want to use the generic software provided
- Suitable for Android phones – but, (for now) is not useful with iOS devices.
- One Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Inexpensive and reliable – when you have in mind how reliable the device is, none of the OBDII scans you can encounter on the market is that cheap. This is regardless of the wide user functional abilities it offers. As opposed to most of its competitors, the BAFX OBDII scan device comes with money’s value of services at an incredibly lower price.
- Great durability – this device will do the job, but it will last as long as your vehicle life will last. In connection with this, there is no requirement for extra OBDII scan devices at your home.
- Delivers much better, faster data: This Bluetooth device is also considered as more efficient in offering live data to its owners when compared with the conventional scan devices. Detection and transmission of details are much better and faster by this device.
Things I liked:
- Fast tool to see how good or bad my car is running
- Does not need to be removed because it uses low voltage
- Simple and frustration-free setup. Very good Wireless Bluetooth encryption.
- Easily uses the free app, Torque
Things I didn’t like:
- Not recommended for Macintosh computer systems
- Support only Android smartphone.. No support for IOS and iPhones
- The product uses Bluetooth technology exclusively
- The included software is not the best and should be replaced with Torque
I picked up my BAFX 34T5 here from Amazon.
The BAFX products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII scan tool is not able to perform some more advanced functions including turbo tuning or timing advance. Also, Apple iPhone users are out of luck because this scanner will not work with Apple devices. If you need an OBD2 scanner for your iPhone, we are gathering a list of the best OBD2 scanners for Apple and will publish them later. Stay tuned!
In spite of the small disadvantages, I was impressed by the BAFX products 34t5. If you have a check engine light on and want to make sure it’s nothing major, then this OBD2 scanner is a lifesaver. It’s easy enough for the average joe to use, but also gives enough information for ASE mechanics. Being able to read codes, clear errors, and get diagnostics for your car will pay for the scanner over and over.
Did you know that the BAFX was featured in our guide to the best scanners for Chevy and GM and Nissan? It’s one of our favorite adapters.
I had a blast using this tool and writing the BAFX Products 34t5 Review and I hope you enjoyed reading it. If you still have some questions, comment below! If this isn’t the OBD2 scanner for you, check out our list of the best obd2 scanners right here: https://scanneranswers.com/